Effective Date: 25th October 2022
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 11 CONTAINS PROVISIONS GOVERNING HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY. AMONG OTHER THINGS, SECTION 11 INCLUDES AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE WHICH REQUIRES, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. SECTION 11 ALSO CONTAINS A CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER. PLEASE READ SECTION 11 CAREFULLY.
IF YOU ARE USING THE WEBSITE IN THE UNITED STATES, UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE WITHIN 30 DAYS: (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE DISPUTES OR CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION; AND (2) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES OR CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 2.3 (COMPANY COMMUNICATIONS) OF THIS AGREEMENT, BELOW, CONTAINS YOUR OPT-IN CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM US, INCLUDING VIA E-MAIL AND TEXT MESSAGE.
Use of the Services. The Website, content and the services provided by the Company via the Website (collectively, the “Company Properties”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world. Unless otherwise specified by the Company in a separate license, your right to use any Company Properties is subject to the Terms.
- Updates. You understand that the Company Properties are evolving. As a result, the Company may require you to accept updates to the Company Properties that you have installed on your computer or mobile device. You acknowledge and agree that the Company may update the Company Properties with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software (e.g. your device’s operating system) from time to time in order to use the Company Properties.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in the Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Company Properties or any portion of the Company Properties, (b) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Company Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of the Company; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Company’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Company Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) access the Company Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (f) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Company Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and (g) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Company Properties. For the purposes of clarity, the foregoing restrictions do not apply to any Third Party Content (as defined in Section 4) made available via the Company Properties. Any future release, update or other addition to the Company Properties shall be subject to the Terms. The Company, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in the Terms. Any unauthorized use of the Company Properties terminates the licenses granted by the Company pursuant to the Terms.
- Unauthorized Use. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances: (a) interfere with or damage Company Properties, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information, or similar methods or technology; (b) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Company Properties; (c) disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of: (i) any computer or server used to offer or support the Company Properties; or (ii) the enjoyment of the Company Properties by any other person; (d) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Company Properties, accounts registered to others, or to the computers, servers or networks connected to the Company Properties by any means other than the User (as defined in Section 2.1) interface provided by Company, including, but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device or software that is part of the Company Properties; (e) access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the Company Properties, the Company’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of the Company’s providers; (f) attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Company system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures; (g) disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Company Properties, systems, resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Company Properties or any affiliated or linked sites; or (h) avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by the Company or any of the Company’s providers or any other third party to protect the Company Properties.
- Personal Use Only. The products and services available on the Website, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. Please contact email@example.com if you would like more information on this policy.
- Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of the Company Properties you may be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Terms, a “Registered User” is a user of the Website (“User”) who has registered an account therein (“Account).
- Registration Data. In registering for an Account, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Website’s registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are (x) at least sixteen (16) years old; (y) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (z) not a person barred from using the Company Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree that you shall monitor your Account to restrict use by minors, and you will accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Company Properties by minors. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (a) notify the Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (b) exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Company has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Company Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one Account per platform at any given time. You agree not to create an Account or use the Company Properties if you have been previously removed by the Company, or if you have been previously banned from any of the Company Properties.
- Company Communications. By entering into these Terms or using the Company Properties, you agree to receive communications from Company, including via e-mail and text message. You agree that texts may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. Communications from us and our affiliated companies may include but are not limited to: operational communications concerning your Account or the use of the Company Properties, updates concerning new and existing features on the Company Properties, service-related messages (e.g. order updates, Account alerts, etc.) and promotional messages, including news concerning Company promotions, specials and other marketing offers (e.g. cart reminders). Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages that we send. IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF ALL TEXTS FROM US (INCLUDING OPERATIONAL OR SERVICE-RELATED TEXTS), YOU MAY OPT OUT OF RECEIVING SUCH COMMUNICATIONS BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS WE PROVIDE TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO OPT-OUT OF TEXT MESSAGES FROM US BY TEXTING THE WORD “STOP” FROM THE MOBILE DEVICE RECEIVING THE MESSAGES TO +1 (855) 761-9214 OR CLICK THE UNSUBSCRIBE LINK (WHERE AVAILABLE) IN ANY TEXT MESSAGE TO CANCEL. HOWEVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT OPTING OUT OF RECEIVING ALL TEXTS MAY IMPACT YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES OR RELATED SERVICES. IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS, YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE FROM OUR PROMOTIONAL EMAIL LIST BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS IN THE PROMOTIONAL EMAIL ITSELF. We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Company Properties at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP request, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honouring requests made in such messages. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Company Properties, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Company Properties.
- Trademarks. and all related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with any Company Properties or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of Company and may not be used without permission in connection with your, or any third-party, products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in Company Properties are the property of their respective owners.
- Company Properties. Except with respect to Your Content (as defined below), you agree that the Company and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Company Properties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Company Properties. Company’s stylized name and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Company Properties are the trademarks of the Company and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Company Properties are the property of their respective owners.
- Your Account. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of the Company.
- Feedback. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to the Company through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that the Company has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to the Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of the Company Properties.
- Types of Content. You acknowledge that that any information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, messages, product reviews, testimonials, tags and/or other materials facilitated through the Company Properties (collectively, “Content”) is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Company, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) through Company Properties (“Your Content”).
- No Obligation to Pre-Screen Content. You acknowledge that the Company has no obligation to pre-screen Your Content or Content made available on and through the Company Properties by third parties (“Third Party Content”), although the Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content. By accepting these Term, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of Your Content, including without limitation chat, text, or voice communications. In the event that Company pre-screens, refuses or removes any Content, you acknowledge that the Company will do so for the Company’s benefit, not yours. Without limiting the foregoing, Company shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable.
- Storage. Unless expressly agreed to by Company in writing elsewhere, Company has no obligation to store any of Your Content that you Make Available on Company Properties. Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Content, including Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of Company Properties. You agree that Company retains the right to create reasonable limits on Company’s use and storage of the Content, including Your Content, such as limits on file size, storage space, processing capacity, and similar limits described on the Website and as otherwise determined by Company in its sole discretion.
- Your Content. Company does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, when you as a Registered User post, publish or submit Your Content on or in Company Properties (in the form of a product review or in connection to any of our services), you represent that you own and/or have a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, perform and display Your Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right that may exist in Your Content.
- License to Your Content. Subject to any applicable account settings that you select, you grant Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display Your Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of operating and providing Company Properties to you and to our other Registered Users. Please remember that other Registered Users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of Company Properties. You agree that you, not Company, are responsible for all of Your Content that you Make Available on or in Company Properties.
- Username. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, by submitting Your Content to comments, product reviews, or any other area on Company Properties, you hereby expressly permit Company to identify you by your username (which may be a pseudonym) as the contributor of Your Content in any publication in any form, media or technology now known or later developed in connection with Your Content.
Fees and Purchase Terms.
- Payment. You agree to pay all fees or charges to your Account and/or for any products you order via the Website, in accordance with the fees, charges and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. You must provide Company with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) (“Payment Provider”), or purchase order information as a condition to purchasing any products on the Website. Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated credit card, and you must refer to that agreement and not the Terms to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing Company with your credit card number and associated payment information, you agree that Company is authorized to immediately invoice your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Company hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify Company of any change in your billing address or the credit card used for payment hereunder. Company reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on Company Properties or by e-mail delivery to you.
- Taxes. Company’s prices for merchandise and products sold via the Website will include any applicable Sales Tax at the time of purchase. When you order products for overseas delivery, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied when the package with the products arrives at the destination that you specified. Any charges for customs clearance have to be borne by you, as Company has no control over such charges and cannot foresee the amount charged (if any). Since customs policies vary from country to country, you should contact the customs office in the country where you have us ship your products to get more information. Please also be aware that you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of such count.
- Order Acceptance; Returns. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify Company’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Company reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Company further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted by Company upon our delivery of the products that you have ordered. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. All sales of products are subject to Company’s then-current return policies, as posted on Company Properties.
- Title and Risk of Loss. All sales of products are made Ex Works (Incoterms 2010) Company’s designated point of shipment, and title and risk of loss to each shipment of products shall pass to you when Company makes such shipment available to the carrier
- Product Descriptions; Product Availability; Promotional Codes. Descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, price and availability of any products and services are subject to change without notice, and our current prices can be found on the Website. We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services on any Website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased through the Website. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. We reserve the right, with or without prior notice, to limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; to honor, or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; to bar any user from making any or all purchase(s); and/or to refuse to provide any user with any product or service.
- Disputes. You must notify us in writing within seven (7) days after receiving your credit card statement, if you dispute any of our charges on that statement or such dispute will be deemed waived. Billing disputes should be notified to the following address: Be For Beauty, Unit 6B, Oldknows Mill, St. Ann’s Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN, United Kingdom.
- Return Policy. If you wish to return, or have a warranty issue with, any product, please consult our Return Policy provided below.
User Conduct. In connection with your use of Company Properties, you shall not:
- Make Available any Content that, in Company’s sole discretion, (i) is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (iv) is violent or threatening, or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (v) promotes illegal or harmful activities;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Company personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Make Available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
- Make Available any Content that infringes the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary or contractual rights;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, or any order of a court;
- Register for more than one Account or register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- Make Available any Content that constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material (e.g. spam);
- Stalk or otherwise harass any other user of our Company Properties; or
- Advocate, encourage or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing activities in this section.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors (collectively, the “Company Parties”) harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of: (a) your use of, or inability to use, the Company Properties; (b) your violation of the Terms; or (c) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. The Company reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your Account, the Terms or your access to the Company Properties.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE COMPANY PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. COMPANY PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) THE COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (4) ANY ERRORS IN THE COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE CORRECTED. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY IMPROPER USE OR MISUSE OF, OR FOR ANY INJURIES ARISING FROM ANY MODIFICATIONS OF, ANY PRODUCTS. THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH THE COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. This Section 8 does not affect in any way our return policy or limited warranty for products purchased on the Website. Please see our Return Policy for more information.
Limitation of Liability
- Disclaimer of Certain Damages. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE COMPANY PROPERTIES; (2) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED FOR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE COMPANY PROPERTIES; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (4) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE COMPANY PROPERTIES; OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE COMPANY PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. COMPANY DOES NOT IN ANY WAY SEEK TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY COMPANY’S NEGLIGENCE; (B) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; OR (C) ANY OTHER LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY ENGLISH OR EU LAW.
- Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE GREATER OF (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO COMPANY BY YOU FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT OR GOOD PURCHASED BY YOU FROM THIS WEBSITE, AND (B) THE REMEDY OR PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE STATUTE UNDER WHICH SUCH CLAIM ARISES. THE FOREGOING CAP ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF A COMPANY PARTY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
- Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Term and Termination
- Term. The Terms commence on the date when you accept them (as described in the preamble above) and remain in full force and effect while you use the Company Properties, unless terminated earlier in accordance with the Terms.
- Termination of Terms by Company. Company may terminate these Terms at any time with or without cause, including if timely payment cannot be charged to your Payment Provider for any reason, if you have materially breached any provision of the Terms, or if Company is required to do so by law (e.g., where the provision of the Website is, or becomes, unlawful. You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Company’s sole discretion and that Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your Account.
- Termination of Terms by You. If you want to terminate these Terms, you may do so by (a) notifying Company at any time and (b) closing your Account and ceasing any further use of the Website. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Company's address set forth below.
- Effect of Termination. Termination of these Terms includes deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your Account (or any part thereof). Upon termination of these Terms, your right to use the Website will automatically terminate immediately. All provisions of the Terms, which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of these Terms, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitation of liability.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. Subject to the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, if you are using the Website in the United States, you and Company agree that any dispute, claim, disagreements arising out of or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Company Properties, any communications you receive, any products sold or distributed through the Company Property and prior versions of these Terms, including claims and disputes that arose between us before the effective date of these Terms (each, a “Dispute”) will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that: (1) you and Company may assert claims or seek relief in small claims court if such claims qualify and remain in small claims court; and (2) you or Company may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). For purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, “Dispute” will also include disputes that arose or involve facts occurring before the existence of this or any prior versions of these Terms as well as claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. There might be instances when a Dispute arises between you and Company. If that occurs, Company is committed to working with you to reach a reasonable resolution. You and Company agree that good faith informal efforts to resolve Disputes can result in a prompt, low‐cost and mutually beneficial outcome. You and Company therefore agree that before either party commences arbitration against the other (or initiates an action in small claims court if a party so elects), we will personally meet and confer telephonically or via videoconference, in a good faith effort to resolve informally any Dispute covered by this Arbitration Agreement (“Informal Dispute Resolution Conference”). If you are represented by counsel, your counsel may participate in the conference, but you will also participate in the conference.
The party initiating a Dispute must give notice to the other party in writing of its intent to initiate an Informal Dispute Resolution Conference (“Notice”), which shall occur within 45 days after the other party receives such Notice, unless an extension is mutually agreed upon by the parties. Notice to Company that you intend to initiate an Informal Dispute Resolution Conference should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to our offices located at Be For Beauty, Unit 6B, Oldknows Mill, St. Ann’s Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN, United Kingdom. The Notice must include: (1) your name, telephone number, mailing address, email address associated with your account (if you have one); (2) the name, telephone number, mailing address and e‐mail address of your counsel, if any; and (3) a description of your Dispute.
The Informal Dispute Resolution Conference shall be individualized such that a separate conference must be held each time either party initiates a Dispute, even if the same law firm or group of law firms represents multiple users in similar cases, unless all parties agree; multiple individuals initiating a Dispute cannot participate in the same Informal Dispute Resolution Conference unless all parties agree. In the time between a party receiving the Notice and the Informal Dispute Resolution Conference, nothing in this Arbitration Agreement shall prohibit the parties from engaging in informal communications to resolve the initiating party’s Dispute. Engaging in the Informal Dispute Resolution Conference is a condition precedent and requirement that must be fulfilled before commencing arbitration. The statute of limitations and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled while the parties engage in the Informal Dispute Resolution Conference process required by this section.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND COMPANY HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and Company are instead electing that all Disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in the subsection entitled “Applicability of Arbitration Agreement” above. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN SUBSECTION 9, EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, AND THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE BE BROUGHT, HEARD, ADMINISTERED, RESOLVED, OR ARBITRATED ON A CLASS, COLLECTIVE, REPRESENTATIVE, OR MASS ACTION BASIS. ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND DISPUTES OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. Subject to this Arbitration Agreement, the arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the party's individual claim. Nothing in this paragraph is intended to, nor shall it, affect the terms and conditions under the subsection 11.9 entitled “Batch Arbitration.” Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Arbitration Agreement, if a court decides by means of a final decision, not subject to any further appeal or recourse, that the limitations of this subsection, “Waiver of Class and Other Non-Individualized Relief,” are invalid or unenforceable as to a particular claim or request for relief (such as a request for public injunctive relief), you and Company agree that that particular claim or request for relief (and only that particular claim or request for relief) shall be severed from the arbitration and may be litigated in the state or federal courts located in the State of California. All other Disputes shall be arbitrated or litigated in small claims court. This subsection does not prevent you or Company from participating in a class-wide settlement of claims.
- Rules and Forum. The Terms evidence a transaction involving interstate commerce; and notwithstanding any other provision herein with respect to the applicable substantive law, the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq., will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement and any arbitration proceedings. If the Informal Dispute Resolution Process described above does not resolve satisfactorily within sixty (60) days after receipt of your Notice, you and Company agree that either party shall have the right to finally resolve the Dispute through binding arbitration. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this section of this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are currently available at https://www.adr.org/sites/default/files/Consumer%20Rules.pdf.
A party who wishes to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a request for arbitration (the “Request”). The Request must include: (1) the name, telephone number, mailing address, e‐mail address of the party seeking arbitration and the account username (if applicable) as well as the email address associated with any applicable account; (2) a statement of the legal claims being asserted and the factual bases of those claims; (3) a description of the remedy sought and an accurate, good‐faith calculation of the amount in controversy in United States Dollars; (4) a statement certifying completion of the Informal Dispute Resolution process as described above; and (5) evidence that the requesting party has paid any necessary filing fees in connection with such arbitration.
If the party requesting arbitration is represented by counsel, the Request shall also include counsel’s name, telephone number, mailing address, and email address. Such counsel must also sign the Request. By signing the Request, counsel certifies to the best of counsel’s knowledge, information, and belief, formed after an inquiry reasonable under the circumstances, that: (1) the Request is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of dispute resolution; (2) the claims, defenses and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law or by a nonfrivolous argument for extending, modifying, or reversing existing law or for establishing new law; and (3) the factual and damages contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery.
Unless you and Company otherwise agree, or the Batch Arbitration process discussed in subsection 11.9 is triggered, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator may direct a limited and reasonable exchange of information between the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration. If the AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. Your responsibility to pay any AAA fees and costs will be solely as set forth in the applicable AAA Rules.
You and Company agree that all materials and documents exchanged during the arbitration proceedings shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared with anyone except the parties’ attorneys, accountants, or business advisors, and then subject to the condition that they agree to keep all materials and documents exchanged during the arbitration proceedings confidential.
- Arbitrator. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of California and will be selected by the parties from the AAA's roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within thirty-five (35) days of delivery of the Request, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules, provided that if the Batch Arbitration process under subsection 11.9 is triggered, the AAA will appoint the arbitrator for each batch.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve any Dispute, including, without limitation, disputes arising out of or related to the interpretation or application of the Arbitration Agreement, including the enforceability, revocability, scope, or validity of the Arbitration Agreement or any portion of the Arbitration Agreement, except for the following: (1) all Disputes arising out of or relating to the subsection entitled “Waiver of Class and Other Non-Individualized Relief,” including any claim that all or part of the subsection entitled “Waiver of Class and Other Non-Individualized Relief” is unenforceable, illegal, void or voidable, or that such subsection entitled “Waiver of Class and Other Non-Individualized Relief” has been breached, shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator; (2) except as expressly contemplated in the subsection entitled “Batch Arbitration,” all Disputes about the payment of arbitration fees shall be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator; (3) all Disputes about whether either party has satisfied any condition precedent to arbitration shall be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator; and (4) all Disputes about which version of the Arbitration Agreement applies shall be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties, except as expressly provided in the subsection entitled “Batch Arbitration.” The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any Dispute. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs. The parties shall bear their own attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of the Dispute or the relief sought in the Request was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)). If you or Company need to invoke the authority of a court of competent jurisdiction to compel arbitration, then the party that obtains an order compelling arbitration in such action shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable costs, necessary disbursements, and reasonable attorneys' fees incurred in securing an order compelling arbitration. The prevailing party in any court action relating to whether either party has satisfied any condition precedent to arbitration, including the Informal Dispute Resolution Process, is entitled to recover their reasonable costs, necessary disbursements, and reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Batch Arbitration. To increase the efficiency of administration and resolution of arbitrations, you and Company agree that in the event that there are one hundred (100) or more individual Requests of a substantially similar nature filed against Company by or with the assistance of the same law firm, group of law firms, or organizations, within a thirty (30) day period (or as soon as possible thereafter), the AAA shall (1) administer the arbitration demands in batches of 100 Requests per batch (plus, to the extent there are less than 100 Requests left over after the batching described above, a final batch consisting of the remaining Requests); (2) appoint one arbitrator for each batch; and (3) provide for the resolution of each batch as a single consolidated arbitration with one set of filing and administrative fees due per side per batch, one procedural calendar, one hearing (if any) in a place to be determined by the arbitrator, and one final award (“Batch Arbitration”).
All parties agree that Requests are of a “substantially similar nature” if they arise out of or relate to the same event or factual scenario and raise the same or similar legal issues and seek the same or similar relief. To the extent the parties disagree on the application of the Batch Arbitration process, the disagreeing party shall advise the AAA, and the AAA shall appoint a sole standing arbitrator to determine the applicability of the Batch Arbitration process (“Administrative Arbitrator”). In an effort to expedite resolution of any such dispute by the Administrative Arbitrator, the parties agree the Administrative Arbitrator may set forth such procedures as are necessary to resolve any disputes promptly. The Administrative Arbitrator’s fees shall be paid by Company.
You and Company agree to cooperate in good faith with the AAA to implement the Batch Arbitration process including the payment of single filing and administrative fees for batches of Requests, as well as any steps to minimize the time and costs of arbitration, which may include: (1) the appointment of a discovery special master to assist the arbitrator in the resolution of discovery disputes; and (2) the adoption of an expedited calendar of the arbitration proceedings.
This Batch Arbitration provision shall in no way be interpreted as authorizing a class, collective and/or mass arbitration or action of any kind, or arbitration involving joint or consolidated claims under any circumstances, except as expressly set forth in this provision.
- 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to: Be For Beauty, Unit 6B, Oldknows Mill, St. Ann’s Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN, United Kingdom, within thirty (30) days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, the email address you used to set up your Account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
- Invalidity, Expiration. Except as provided in the subsection entitled “Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief”, if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. You further agree that any Dispute that you have with Company as detailed in this Arbitration Agreement must be initiated via arbitration within the applicable statute of limitation for that claim or controversy, or it will be forever time barred. Likewise, you agree that all applicable statutes of limitation will apply to such arbitration in the same manner as those statutes of limitation would apply in the applicable court of competent jurisdiction.
- Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if Company makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, it will notify you. Unless you reject the change within thirty (30) days of such change become effective by writing to Company at Be For Beauty, Unit 6B, Oldknows Mill, St. Ann’s Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN, United Kingdom, your continued use of the Company Properties, including the acceptance of products and services offered on the Company Properties following the posting of changes to this Arbitration Agreement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. Changes to this Arbitration Agreement do not provide you with a new opportunity to opt out of the Arbitration Agreement if you have previously agreed to a version of these Terms and did not validly opt out of arbitration. If you reject any change or update to this Arbitration Agreement, and you were bound by an existing agreement to arbitrate Disputes arising out of or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Company Properties, any communications you receive, any products distributed through the Company Properties or these Terms, the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement as of the date you first accepted the Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to the Terms) remain in full force and effect. Company will continue to honor any valid opt outs of the Arbitration Agreement that you made to a prior version of these Terms.
- Third-Party Services. The Company Properties may contain links to third-party websites, applications and advertisements for third parties (collectively, the “Third-Party Services”). When you click on a link to a Third-Party Service, we will not warn you that you have left the Website and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of such Third-Party Service. Such Third-Party Services are not under the control of Company. Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Services. Company provides these Third-Party Services only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third-Party Service, or any product or service provided in connection therewith. You use all links in and to Third-Party Services at your own risk. When you leave our Website, these Terms and our policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Services, and make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party
- Discounts and Promotions. We may, in our sole discretion, create discounts and promotional codes or other features or benefits, subject to any additional terms that we establish on a per promotional code basis (“Promo Codes”). Unless otherwise expressly stated on the applicable Promo Code, Promo Codes may only be used once per person. Only Promo Codes sent to you through official Company communication channels are valid. You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public forum or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by us; (iii) may be disabled by us at any time for any reason without liability to us; (iv) may only be used pursuant to the specific terms that we establish for such Promo Code; (v) are not redeemable for cash; (vi) may expire prior to your use; (vii) are limited to one (1) use per customer; (viii) are only available while applicable supplies last; (ix) cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or gift cards; and (x) only redeemable on the Website. Unless otherwise stated at the time of issuance, all Promo Codes expire at the end of the promotion period stated on the Website, or if no such period is stated 120 days after issuance. Special terms may apply to some promotions that may be offered on the Company Properties. Such special terms (e.g. official contest rules) may be posted in connection with the applicable promotion. Any such special terms are in addition to these Terms and, in the event of a conflict, any such terms shall prevail over these Terms.
- International Users. Our Website is intended for use by customers worldwide, with delivery specific to United Kingdom, European Economic Area, Canada & United States. The Company Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to services and content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that the Company intends to announce such services or content in your country. The Company Properties are controlled and offered by the Company from its facilities in the United Kingdom. The Company makes no representations that the Company Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Company Properties from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and the Company use electronic means, whether you visit the Company Properties or send the Company e-mails, or whether the Company posts notices on the Company Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from the Company in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that the Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- Assignment. The Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without the Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
- Force Majeure. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Company Properties, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
Governing Law; Venue. The law that governs these Terms, and the place in which you can resolve any disputes with Company will depend on where you are using the Website.
- If you are using the Company Properties in the United States, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms. Each party irrevocably agrees that the state and federal courts located in New York, New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- If you are using the Company Properties in the United Kingdom, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of England and Wales, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- Notice. Where the Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing the Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to the Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Terms, the Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to the Company by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or letter to Be For Beauty, Unit 6B, Oldknows Mill, St. Ann’s Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN, United Kingdom. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by the Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- Severability. If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer the Company Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Company Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Company Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Company Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Company Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer the Company products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
THE INKEY LIST
If you purchased any product (each, a “Product”) from The Inkey List (the “Company”, “our”, or “we”, or “us”) on the website located at: https://www.theinkeylist.com/ (the “Website”), you have 30 days from the date you purchased your Product to submit a request for a full refund of the purchase price.
- To qualify for a refund, all the following conditions must be met:
- A Refund Merchandise Authorization (RMA) must be requested from our customer service team within 60 days of the date on which you purchased the Product.
- To request an RMA, you must contact our customer service team via our website at https://www.theinkeylist.com or via email addressed to email@example.com.
- Company may require that you furnish proof of purchase details to obtain an RMA, including your receipt.
- Terms and conditions of refunds:
- You may cancel your order for the Product(s) at any time prior to receiving a confirmation notice (“Confirmation Notice”) from us so long as you contact us in writing. You can send us a cancellation notice by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cancellation notice must quote your name, address, the name or a description of the Product and your order reference number.
- Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid (e.g., state, customs, VAT) are not refundable.
- If your request is approved, your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Refunds will be processed and paid within 2 weeks of Company’s approval of your refund request. Please note that, depending on your credit card company or bank, it may take an additional 2 to 10 business days after your credit is approved for it to post to your account.
- Damaged, faulty or wrongly delivered Products:
- We will offer you a refund of the full purchase price, including the cost of delivery for sending the Product to you, and the cost of returning the Product to us, provided that you return the Product to us and we must also be reasonably satisfied that:
- the Product has not suffered damage after delivery.
- the Product has not been misused or used other than in accordance with the instructions; and
- the problem is not due to normal wear and tear.
- In addition to the requirements directly stated above, a refund must have:
- been damaged on delivery;
- been delivered in a faulty condition;
- developed a fault within 60 days of delivery; or
- have been delivered to you in error.
- Alternatively, at your option, instead of a refund (and subject to returning the Product as required under this clause) we will replace the Product with the same or a similar product (subject to stock availability).
- Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case, if you request a replacement, we will do our best to offer you a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement, you can return the Product to us.
- Incorrectly priced or described Products:
- Whilst we try and ensure that all the information on our Website is accurate, errors may occur. In the unlikely event that the price and/or description of an item listed on the Website has been incorrectly advertised, we will not be under any obligation to sell or provide those Products to you.
- If we discover the error before sending you a Confirmation Notice we will at our discretion, either reject your order and notify you of such rejection, or inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of cancelling your order or reconfirming it at the correct price and/or description. If we give you the option of cancelling your order or reconfirming it at the correct price and/or description but either cannot contact you or do not receive your response within 14 days of sending you notification (whether or not you receive it), we will reject your order.
- If we discover the error after sending you a Confirmation Notice we may, at our discretion and without incurring any liability to you, cancel the order provided that the error is, in our reasonable opinion, obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognized by you. We will notify if we cancel the order.
- If your order is cancelled or rejected and you have already paid for the Product, you will receive a full refund in accordance with the conditions stated above.
THE INKEY LIST
AUTHORIZED RESELLER POLICY
The Inkey List (“The Inkey List”, “our”, or “we”, or “us”) strives to ensure that our customers can purchase and enjoy our products without issue of mishandling or spoilation. Our products are intended for sale only through the website located at: https://www.theinkeylist.com/ (the “Website”) and our authorized third-party sellers (each, an “Authorized Reseller”). This helps to ensure that our customers receive authentic, quality products and thereby protects The Inkey List brand in the marketplace.
Unauthorized resale, even of seemingly genuine products, harms customers and The Inkey List. This reseller policy (the “Policy”) strictly prohibits the distribution or sale of The Inkey List products by Unauthorized Resellers. This Policy is intended to inform consumers and resellers, and explains the steps we take to deter Unauthorized Resellers before resorting to legal action.
Importance of Authorized Resellers
Authorized Resellers must meet specific standards in terms of handling and storage. This helps to ensure product authenticity, integrity and standards. For this reason, we cannot provide customer support for purchases that were not made from the Website - any complaints or issues that arise from purchases made outside of the Website need to be taken up with the point-of-purchase.
Our Authorized Resellers in the US include: Sephora, Boots, Cult Beauty, Look Fantastic, ASOS, Feel Unique, Kohl’s and The Inkey List’s Amazon brand account. When sold by an Authorized Reseller, The Inkey List products stay within our chain of distribution. Maintaining our chain of distribution helps us ensure product authenticity, ingredient integrity and hygiene and safety standards. For these reasons, The Inkey List can only offer customer support for purchases from us and Authorized Partners.
Concern with Unauthorized Resellers
An “Unauthorized Reseller” is anyone selling products labeled as The Inkey List products outside our website and our Authorized Reseller channels. Unauthorized Resellers may, among other things: (i) relabel and/or reseal other liquid products as The Inkey List products and/or in The Inkey List packaging, (ii) adulterate or dilute genuine The Inkey List products, (iii) resell genuine The Inkey List products that have been improperly stored or handled (such as by exposure to extended periods of freezing or high temperatures or UV light), (iv) resell genuine The Inkey List products marked as “not for retail sale” (or similar) or recalled from the marketplace, and/or (v) resell genuine The Inkey List products months or years after the date when an Authorized Reseller would no longer be permitted to sell them for quality, freshness or other reasons.
Unauthorized Resellers do not have our consent to sell merchandise labeled as The Inkey List products. This includes anyone who obtains genuine The Inkey List products, even if purchased at clearance, and later resell them on marketplaces like eBay or Amazon. Unauthorized Resellers harm our brand and customers by compromising our ability to ensure that products manufactured by The Inkey List are adequately stored and sold in accordance with our integrity standards. This damages our brand’s reputation for quality, integrity and satisfaction.
Our Process for Deterring Unauthorized Resellers
The Inkey List products may not be sold by Unauthorized Resellers under any circumstances. Any sale or suspected sale of The Inkey List products by an Unauthorized Reseller will be reported to us.
Unauthorized Resellers are generally first contacted by one of our marketplace-integrity partners (though we have little patience with individuals and businesses who violate this Policy repeatedly). Because many resellers are not aware of the how their activities harm us and our customers, we strive to avoid adversarial language in our initial communications with them. The Inkey List will, however, take legal action whenever necessary to defend the integrity of our products and our customers’ satisfaction.
If our initial efforts are ignored, The Inkey List will pursue formal actions against an Unauthorized Reseller. Formal actions may include the initiation of lawsuits and notifications to third parties enabling the Unauthorized Reseller, like marketplaces (which generally prohibit inaccurate or misleading information in product pages). These actions may result in financial penalties and suspension or loss of marketplace access.
To notify us of a suspected unauthorized sale of The Inkey List products, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
To qualify for points, you must register for a myINKEY Rewards account. To create an account, select the myINKEY profile option in the top right section of the page.
Purchases made using guest checkout will not add points to your account, so please ensure you are signed in to earn your points for every purchase.
Points are pending and are approved 14 days after purchase. Any points accrued from purchases that are later returned will automatically be removed from your account.
Only one loyalty voucher can be used per order, the maximum to redeem is a $50 voucher (5000 points required for this value).
Points can only be redeemed online at www.us.theinkeylist.com.
Birthday points can only be redeemed birthdays future to creating an account.
When referring a friend, referees cannot redeem their offer if using the same IP address as the referrer.
Each point is equal to 1¢ and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Points cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Once you reach a redeemable number of points, a voucher will be made available for you to spend. The minimum point value to reach the spend threshold is 100 points.
You can only redeem points in multiples of 100. For instance, you can't redeem 150 points, but you could redeem 100 points or wait until you can redeem 200 points.
Points can be redeemed for products as add-ons to a purchase only.
Purchases of gift cards, and purchases made using gift cards do not qualify for points.
Delivery charges are not included when calculating your earned points. You do not earn points from the delivery charges.
When redeeming points, the delivery fee will not be included in the discount given.
Promotional discount codes cannot be used on orders containing redeemed cash vouchers.
Points are valid for 12 months, if you have not spent your accrued points in a 12-month period your point balance will be reset to 0.
You cannot collect multiple points for performing the same action, such as, following us on social media.
My Inkey Rewards launched on 10/25/2022. You cannot earn points on previous purchases, prior to joining myINKEY Rewards. However, if you had a myINKEY account prior to the launch of our rewards program, we have awarded you 500 points to get you started.
By joining myINKEY Rewards and becoming a program member under the conditions herein, you agree that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Reward program terms and conditions of participation and by any changes or modifications that The INKEY List may make from time to time. We will reflect the last date of any update at the top of the page of these Rewards terms.
If you have any questions regarding myINKEY Rewards, please contact our askINKEY team.